ICD-10-CM Code G47.39
Other sleep apnea
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G47.39 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other sleep apnea. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G473 is used to code Sleep apnea
Sleep apnea, also spelled sleep apnoea, is a sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing or instances of shallow breathing during sleep. Each pause in breathing, called apnea, can last for several seconds to several minutes. By definition, more than five episodes an hour must occur. Similarly, each abnormally shallow breathing event is called a hypopnea. Sleep apnea is classified as a dyssomnia. When breathing is paused, carbon dioxide builds up in the bloodstream. Chemoreceptors in the blood stream note the high carbon dioxide levels. The brain is signaled to wake the person sleeping and breathe in air. Breathing normally will restore oxygen levels and the person will fall asleep again. Sleep apnea is often diagnosed with an overnight sleep test called a polysomnogram, or "sleep study".
|Specialty:||Otorhinolaryngology, Sleep Medicine|
|MeSH Codes:||D012891, D012891|
|ICD 9 Codes:||327.23, 780.57|
Obstructive sleep apnea
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G47.39 - Other sleep apnea'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G47.39. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G47.39 and a single ICD9 code, 327.29 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.