ICD-10-CM Code G47.61
Periodic limb movement disorder
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G47.61 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of periodic limb movement disorder. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G47 is used to code Sleep disorder
A sleep disorder, or somnipathy, is a medical disorder of the sleep patterns of a person or animal. Some sleep disorders are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental, social and emotional functioning. Polysomnography and actigraphy are tests commonly ordered for some sleep disorders.
|MeSH Codes:||D012893, D012893, D012893|
|ICD 9 Codes:||307.4, 327, 780.5|
Coding Notes for G47.61 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G47.61 - Periodic limb movement disorder'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G47.61. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 327.51 was previously used, G47.61 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.