ICD-10-CM Code G73.7
Myopathy in diseases classified elsewhere
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Manifestation CodeCertain ICD-10-CM codes identify an underlying condition known as an etiology code. Conditions that arise as a result of an underlying condition (etiology), are referred to as Manifestations. In ICD-10-CM, etiology codes must be coded first, followed by the manifestation codes. When a condition requires etiology and manifestation codes, there is a "use additional code" note following the etiology code and a "code first" note following the manifestation code.
G73.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of myopathy in diseases classified elsewhere. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for G73.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Underlying disease, such as:
- Hyperparathyroidism (E21.0, E21.3) See code E21.0
- Hypoparathyroidism See code E20.-
- Glycogen storage disease See code E74.0
- Lipid storage disorders See code E75.-
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Myopathy in:
- Rheumatoid arthritis - instead, use code M05.32
- Sarcoidosis - instead, use code D86.87
- Scleroderma - instead, use code M34.82
- Sicca syndrome [Sjögren] - instead, use code M35.03
- Systemic lupus erythematosus - instead, use code M32.19
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Mitochondrial-lipid-glycogen storage myopathy (disorder)
- Symptomatic inflammatory myopathy associated with another disorder (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- This is a manifestation code for use in a secondary position
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G73.7 and a single ICD9 code, 359.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.