ICD-10-CM Code G89.2
Chronic pain, not elsewhere classified
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code G89.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of G89.2 that describes the diagnosis 'chronic pain, not elsewhere classified' in more detail.
- G89.2 Chronic pain, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE G89.21 Chronic
- BILLABLE G89.22 Chronic
- BILLABLE G89.28
- BILLABLE G89.29
Coding Notes for G89.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Causalgia, lower limb - instead, use code G57.7-
- Causalgia, upper limb - instead, use code G56.4-
- Central pain syndrome - instead, use code G89.0
- Chronic pain syndrome - instead, use code G89.4
- Complex regional pain syndrome II, lower limb - instead, use code G57.7-
- Complex regional pain syndrome II, upper limb - instead, use code G56.4-
- Neoplasm related chronic pain - instead, use code G89.3
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy - instead, use code G90.5-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G89.2 - Chronic pain, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G89.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Parent Code: G89 - Pain, not elsewhere classified