ICD-10-CM Code G89.29
Other chronic pain
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G89.29 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other chronic pain. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Pain self-management deficit, chronic (finding)
- Chronic pain in coccyx for more than three months (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Possible requirement for causative disease code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G89.29 - Other chronic pain'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G89.29. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 338.29 was previously used, G89.29 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.