ICD-10-CM Code G93.41
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G93.41 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of metabolic encephalopathy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G934 is used to code Encephalopathy
Encephalopathy /ɛnˌsɛfəˈlɒpəθi/ means disorder or disease of the brain. In modern usage, encephalopathy does not refer to a single disease, but rather to a syndrome of overall brain dysfunction; this syndrome can have many different organic and inorganic causes.
|ICD 9 Code:||348.30|
Coding Notes for G93.41 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Septic encephalopathy
- DRG Group #070-072 - Nonspecific cerebrovascular disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #070-072 - Nonspecific cerebrovascular disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #070-072 - Nonspecific cerebrovascular disorders without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G93.41 - Metabolic encephalopathy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G93.41. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 348.31 was previously used, G93.41 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.