ICD-10-CM Code G95.20
Unspecified cord compression
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G95.20 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified cord compression. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G952 is used to code Spinal cord compression
Spinal cord compression develops when the spinal cord is compressed by bone fragments from a vertebral fracture, a tumor, abscess, ruptured intervertebral disc or other lesion. It is regarded as a medical emergency independent of its cause, and requires swift diagnosis and treatment to prevent long-term disability due to irreversible spinal cord injury.
|ICD 9 Code:||336.9|
A tumour causing spinal cord compression
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G95.20 - Unspecified cord compression'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G95.20. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G95.20 and a single ICD9 code, 336.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.