ICD-10-CM Code G96.0
Cerebrospinal fluid leak
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G96.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cerebrospinal fluid leak. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G960 is used to code Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak
Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leak syndrome (SCSFLS) is a medical condition in which the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) held in and around a human brain and spinal cord leaks out of the surrounding protective sac, the dura, for no apparent reason. The dura, a tough, inflexible tissue, is the outermost of the three layers of the meninges, the system of meninges surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
|MeSH Codes:||, , ,|
|ICD 9 Codes:||339.8, 348.4, 349.0, 792.0|
The spinal meninges of the central nervous system. The dura mater and arachnoid mater hold in CSF and are impacted by SCSFLS.
Coding Notes for G96.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Cerebrospinal fluid leak from spinal puncture - instead, use code G97.0
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cerebrospinal fluid otorrhea (disorder)
- Post-traumatic cerebrospinal otorrhea (disorder)
- Postoperative cerebrospinal fluid leak (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G96.0 - Cerebrospinal fluid leak'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G96.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G96.0 and a single ICD9 code, 388.61 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.