ICD-10-CM Code G99.8
Other specified disorders of nervous system in diseases classified elsewhere
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Manifestation CodeCertain ICD-10-CM codes identify an underlying condition known as an etiology code. Conditions that arise as a result of an underlying condition (etiology), are referred to as Manifestations. In ICD-10-CM, etiology codes must be coded first, followed by the manifestation codes. When a condition requires etiology and manifestation codes, there is a "use additional code" note following the etiology code and a "code first" note following the manifestation code.
G99.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified disorders of nervous system in diseases classified elsewhere. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G99 is used to code Nervous system disease
Coding Notes for G99.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Nervous system involvement in:
- Cysticercosis - instead, use code B69.0
- Rubella - instead, use code B06.0-
- Syphilis - instead, use code A52.1-
- DRG Group #070-072 - Nonspecific cerebrovascular disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #070-072 - Nonspecific cerebrovascular disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #070-072 - Nonspecific cerebrovascular disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Brucella infection of the central nervous system (disorder)
- Chastek paralysis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G99.8 and a single ICD9 code, 349.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.