ICD-10-CM Code H02.81
Retained foreign body in eyelid
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H02.81 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of H02.81 that describes the diagnosis 'retained foreign body in eyelid' in more detail.
- H02.81 Retained foreign body in eyelid NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H02.811 Retained foreign body in eyelid
- BILLABLE H02.812 Retained foreign body in eyelid
- BILLABLE H02.813 Retained foreign body in eyelid
- BILLABLE H02.814 Retained foreign body in eyelid
- BILLABLE H02.815 Retained foreign body in eyelid
- BILLABLE H02.816 Retained foreign body in eyelid
- BILLABLE H02.819 Retained foreign body in eyelid
Coding Notes for H02.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify the type of retained foreign body See code Z18.-
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Laceration of eyelid with foreign body - instead, use code S01.12-
- Retained intraocular foreign body (H44.6-, H44.7-) - instead, use code H44.6-
- Superficial foreign body of eyelid and periocular area - instead, use code S00.25-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'H02.81 - Retained foreign body in eyelid'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code H02.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.