ICD-10-CM Code H05
Disorders of orbit
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H05 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of H05 that describes the diagnosis 'disorders of orbit' in more detail.
- H05 Disorders of orbit NON-BILLABLE
- H05.0 of orbit NON-BILLABLE
- H05.1 of orbit NON-BILLABLE
- H05.10 Unspecified chronic inflammatory disorders of orbit BILLABLE
- H05.11 Granuloma of orbit NON-BILLABLE
- H05.12 Orbital myositis NON-BILLABLE
- H05.2 NON-BILLABLE
- H05.3 of orbit NON-BILLABLE
- H05.4 NON-BILLABLE
- H05.40 Unspecified enophthalmos NON-BILLABLE
- H05.41 Enophthalmos due to atrophy of orbital tissue NON-BILLABLE
- H05.42 Enophthalmos due to trauma or surgery NON-BILLABLE
- H05.5 of orbit NON-BILLABLE
- H05.50 Retained (old) foreign body following penetrating wound of unspecified orbit BILLABLE
- H05.51 Retained (old) foreign body following penetrating wound of right orbit BILLABLE
- H05.52 Retained (old) foreign body following penetrating wound of left orbit BILLABLE
- H05.53 Retained (old) foreign body following penetrating wound of bilateral orbits BILLABLE
- H05.8 of orbit NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H05.9 of orbit
Coding Notes for H05 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital malformation of orbit - instead, use code Q10.7
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'H05 - Disorders of orbit'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code H05. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.