ICD-10-CM Code H05.4
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H05.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of H05.4 that describes the diagnosis 'enophthalmos' in more detail.
- H05.4 Enophthalmos NON-BILLABLE
- H05.40 NON-BILLABLE
- H05.41 Enophthalmos NON-BILLABLE
- H05.411 Enophthalmos due to atrophy of orbital tissue, right eye BILLABLE
- H05.412 Enophthalmos due to atrophy of orbital tissue, left eye BILLABLE
- H05.413 Enophthalmos due to atrophy of orbital tissue, bilateral BILLABLE
- H05.419 Enophthalmos due to atrophy of orbital tissue, unspecified eye BILLABLE
- H05.42 Enophthalmos NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code H054 is used to code Enophthalmos
Enophthalmos is the posterior displacement of the eyeball within the orbit due to changes in the volume of the orbit (bone) relative to its contents (the eyeball and orbital fat), or loss of function of the orbitalis muscle. It should not be confused with its opposite, exophthalmos, which is the anterior displacement of the eye.
|ICD 9 Code:||376.50|