ICD-10-CM Code H18.8
Other specified disorders of cornea
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H18.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of H18.8 that describes the diagnosis 'other specified disorders of cornea' in more detail.
- H18.8 Other specified disorders of cornea NON-BILLABLE
- H18.81 of cornea NON-BILLABLE
- H18.82 NON-BILLABLE
- H18.83 of cornea NON-BILLABLE
- H18.89 Other specified disorders of cornea NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code H188 is used to code Recurrent corneal erosion
Recurrent corneal erosion is a disorder of the eyes characterized by the failure of the cornea's outermost layer of epithelial cells to attach to the underlying basement membrane (Bowman's layer). The condition is excruciatingly painful because the loss of these cells results in the exposure of sensitive corneal nerves. This condition can often leave patients with temporary blindness due to extreme light sensitivity photophobia.
|ICD 9 Code:||371.42|
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Recurrent erosion of cornea (disorder)
- Rupture of Bowman's membrane (disorder)