ICD-10-CM Code H47.5
Disorders of other visual pathways
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H47.5 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of H47.5 that describes the diagnosis 'disorders of other visual pathways' in more detail.
- H47.5 Disorders of other visual pathways NON-BILLABLE
- H47.51 Disorders of visual pathways NON-BILLABLE
- H47.52 Disorders of visual pathways NON-BILLABLE
- H47.53 Disorders of visual pathways NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for H47.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Disorders of optic tracts, geniculate nuclei and optic radiations
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Underlying condition