ICD-10-CM Code H50.1
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H50.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of H50.1 that describes the diagnosis 'exotropia' in more detail.
- H50.1 Exotropia NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H50.10 Unspecified exotropia
- H50.11 Monocular exotropia NON-BILLABLE
- H50.12 Monocular exotropia with A pattern NON-BILLABLE
- H50.13 Monocular exotropia with V pattern NON-BILLABLE
- H50.14 Monocular exotropia with other noncomitancies NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H50.15 Alternating exotropia
- BILLABLE H50.16 Alternating exotropia with A pattern
- BILLABLE H50.17 Alternating exotropia with V pattern
- BILLABLE H50.18 Alternating exotropia with other noncomitancies
The ICD code H501 is used to code Exotropia
Exotropia (from Greek exo meaning "outward" and trope meaning "a turning"), also referred to as divergent squint, is a form of strabismus where the eyes are deviated outward. It is the opposite of esotropia. People with exotropia often experience crossed diplopia. Intermittent exotropia is a fairly common condition. "Sensory exotropia" occurs in the presence of poor vision. Infantile exotropia (sometimes called "congenital exotropia") is seen during the first year of life, and is less common than "essential exotropia" which usually becomes apparent several years later.
|ICD 9 Code:
Exotropia of right eye
Coding Notes for H50.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Divergent concomitant strabismus
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Intermittent exotropia (H50.33-, H50.34) - instead, use code H50.33-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'H50.1 - Exotropia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code H50.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.