ICD-10-CM Code H54.7
Unspecified visual loss
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
H54.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified visual loss. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for H54.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Visual impairment category 9 NOS
- DRG Group #124-125 - Other disorders of the eye with MCC.
- DRG Group #124-125 - Other disorders of the eye without MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- This is a manifestation code for use in a secondary position
- Consider laterality specification
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'H54.7 - Unspecified visual loss'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code H54.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code H54.7 and a single ICD9 code, V41.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.