ICD-10-CM Code H61.1
Noninfective disorders of pinna
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H61.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of H61.1 that describes the diagnosis 'noninfective disorders of pinna' in more detail.
- H61.1 Noninfective disorders of pinna NON-BILLABLE
- H61.10 disorders of pinna NON-BILLABLE
- H61.11 of pinna NON-BILLABLE
- H61.12 of pinna NON-BILLABLE
- H61.19 disorders of pinna NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for H61.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Cauliflower ear - instead, use code M95.1-
- Gouty tophi of ear - instead, use code M1A.-
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Hematoma of pinna (disorder)