ICD-10-CM Code H90
Conductive and sensorineural hearing loss
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H90 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of H90 that describes the diagnosis 'conductive and sensorineural hearing loss' in more detail.
- H90 Conductive and sensorineural hearing loss NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H90.0 Conductive hearing
- H90.1 Conductive hearing NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H90.2 Conductive hearing
- BILLABLE H90.3 hearing
- H90.4 hearing NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H90.5 sensorineural hearing loss
- BILLABLE H90.6 and sensorineural hearing
- H90.7 and sensorineural hearing NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H90.8 and sensorineural hearing
The ICD code H90 is used to code Hearing loss
Hearing loss, also known as hearing impairment, or anacusis, is a partial or total inability to hear. An affected person may be described as hard of hearing. A deaf person has little to no hearing. Hearing loss may occur in one or both ears. In children hearing problems can affect the ability to learn language and in adults it can cause work related difficulties. In some people, particularly older people, hearing loss can result in loneliness. Hearing loss can be temporary or permanent.
|ICD 9 Code:||389|
The international symbol of deafness and hearing loss
Coding Notes for H90 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Deaf nonspeaking NEC - instead, use code H91.3
- Deafness NOS - instead, use code H91.9-
- Hearing loss NOS - instead, use code H91.9-
- Noise-induced hearing loss - instead, use code H83.3-
- Ototoxic hearing loss - instead, use code H91.0-
- Sudden (idiopathic) hearing loss - instead, use code H91.2-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'H90 - Conductive and sensorineural hearing loss'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code H90. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.