ICD-10-CM Code I25
Chronic ischemic heart disease
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code I25 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of I25 that describes the diagnosis 'chronic ischemic heart disease' in more detail.
- I25 Chronic ischemic heart disease NON-BILLABLE
- I25.1 heart disease NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE I25.2
- BILLABLE I25.3 heart
- I25.4 NON-BILLABLE
- I25.41 Coronary artery aneurysm BILLABLE
- I25.42 Coronary artery dissection BILLABLE
- BILLABLE I25.5
- BILLABLE I25.6
- I25.7 heart NON-BILLABLE
- I25.70 Atherosclerosis of coronary artery bypass graft(s), unspecified, with angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.71 Atherosclerosis of autologous vein coronary artery bypass graft(s) with angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.72 Atherosclerosis of autologous artery coronary artery bypass graft(s) with angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.73 Atherosclerosis of nonautologous biological coronary artery bypass graft(s) with angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.75 Atherosclerosis of native coronary artery of transplanted heart with angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.76 Atherosclerosis of bypass graft of coronary artery of transplanted heart with angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.79 Atherosclerosis of other coronary artery bypass graft(s) with angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.8 ischemic heart disease NON-BILLABLE
- I25.81 Atherosclerosis of other coronary vessels without angina pectoris NON-BILLABLE
- I25.82 Chronic total occlusion of coronary artery BILLABLE
- I25.83 Coronary atherosclerosis due to lipid rich plaque BILLABLE
- I25.84 Coronary atherosclerosis due to calcified coronary lesion BILLABLE
- I25.89 Other forms of chronic ischemic heart disease BILLABLE
- BILLABLE I25.9 Chronic ischemic heart
The ICD code I25 is used to code Coronary artery disease
Coronary artery disease (CAD), also known as ischemic heart disease (IHD), is a group of diseases that includes: stable angina, unstable angina, myocardial infarction, and sudden coronary death. It is within the group of cardiovascular diseases of which it is the most common type. A common symptom is chest pain or discomfort which may travel into the shoulder, arm, back, neck, or jaw. Occasionally it may feel like heartburn. Usually symptoms occur with exercise or emotional stress, last less than a few minutes, and get better with rest. Shortness of breath may also occur and sometimes no symptoms are present. The first sign is occasionally a heart attack. Other complications include heart failure or an irregular heartbeat.
|Specialty:||Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery|
|MeSH Codes:||D003324, D003324, D003324, D003324, D003324, D003324|
|ICD 9 Codes:||410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 429.2|
Illustration depicting atherosclerosis in a coronary artery.
Coding Notes for I25 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Chronic total occlusion of coronary artery See code I25.82
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I25 - Chronic ischemic heart disease'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I25. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.