ICD-10-CM Code I25.1
Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code I25.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of I25.1 that describes the diagnosis 'atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery' in more detail.
- I25.1 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE I25.10 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery
- I25.11 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery NON-BILLABLE
- I25.110 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery with unstable angina pectoris BILLABLE
- I25.111 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery with angina pectoris with documented spasm BILLABLE
- I25.118 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery with other forms of angina pectoris BILLABLE
- I25.119 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery with unspecified angina pectoris BILLABLE
The ICD code I251 is used to code Atherosclerosis
Atherosclerosis (also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD) is a specific form of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall thickens as a result of invasion and accumulation of white blood cells (WBCs) (foam cell) and proliferation of intimal smooth muscle cell creating a fibrofatty plaque.
|MeSH Codes:||D050197, D050197|
|ICD 9 Codes:||440, 414.0|
The progression of atherosclerosis (narrowing exaggerated)
Coding Notes for I25.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
- Coronary (artery) atheroma
- Coronary (artery) atherosclerosis
- Coronary (artery) disease
- Coronary (artery) sclerosis
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code, if applicable, to identify:
- Coronary atherosclerosis due to calcified coronary lesion See code I25.84
- Coronary atherosclerosis due to lipid rich plaque See code I25.83
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Atheroembolism - instead, use code I75.-
- Atherosclerosis of coronary artery bypass graft(s) and transplanted heart - instead, use code I25.7-
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Coronary artery atheroma (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I25.1 - Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I25.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.