ICD-10-CM Code I25.3
Aneurysm of heart
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I25.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of aneurysm of heart. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I253 is used to code Aneurysm of heart
An aneurysm of heart refers to an aneurysm involving cardiac tissue.
|ICD 9 Code:||414.1|
Heart left ventricular aneurysm short axis view
Coding Notes for I25.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Mural aneurysm
- Ventricular aneurysm
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Aneurysm of patch of ventricular septal defect (disorder)
- Aneurysm of patch of left ventricular outflow tract (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I25.3 - Aneurysm of heart'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I25.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I25.3 and a single ICD9 code, 414.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.