ICD-10-CM Code I25.41
Coronary artery aneurysm
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I25.41 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of coronary artery aneurysm. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I254 is used to code Coronary artery dissection
A coronary artery dissection (also known as spontaneous coronary artery dissection, or SCAD) is a rare, sometimes fatal traumatic condition, with eighty percent of cases affecting women. The coronary artery develops a tear, causing blood to flow between the layers which forces them apart. Early studies of the disease placed mortality rates at around 70% but more recent data indicate this figure may be closer to 18%.
|MeSH Codes:||, D003323|
|ICD 9 Codes:||414.12, 414.11|
Coding Notes for I25.41 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Coronary arteriovenous fistula, acquired
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital coronary (artery) aneurysm - instead, use code Q24.5
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Arteriovenous fistula of coronary artery to coronary sinus (disorder)
- Iatrogenic coronary artery fistula (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I25.41 - Coronary artery aneurysm'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I25.41. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 414.11 was previously used, I25.41 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.