ICD-10-CM Code I27.2
Other secondary pulmonary hypertension
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I27.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other secondary pulmonary hypertension. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I272 is used to code Pulmonary hypertension
Pulmonary hypertension (PH) is an increase of blood pressure in the pulmonary artery, pulmonary vein, or pulmonary capillaries, together known as the lung vasculature, leading to shortness of breath, dizziness, fainting, leg swelling and other symptoms. Pulmonary hypertension can be a severe disease with a markedly decreased exercise tolerance. It was first identified by Ernst von Romberg in 1891. According to the most recent classification, it can be one of six different types.
|ICD 9 Code:||416.0|
Micrograph showing a plexiform lesion of the lung, as seen in irreversible pulmonary hypertension. H&E stain.
Coding Notes for I27.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Pulmonary hypertension NOS
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Associated underlying condition
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Pulmonary hypertension in sarcoidosis (disorder)
- Thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (disorder)
- Post-arteritic pulmonary hypertension (disorder)
- Pulmonary hypertension associated with chronic underventilation (disorder)
- Facultative pulmonary hypertension with shunt at atrial level (disorder)
- Portopulmonary hypertension (disorder)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with connective tissue disease (disorder)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with congenital heart disease (disorder)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with schistosomiasis (disorder)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with chronic hemolytic anemia (disorder)
- Pulmonary hypertension due to pulmonary disease with mixed restrictive and obstructive pattern (disorder)
- Pulmonary hypertension due to sleep-disordered breathing (disorder)
- Pulmonary hypertension due to vasculitis (disorder)
- Pulmonary hypertension in Langerhans cell histiocytosis (disorder)
- Pulmonary hypertension in lymphangioleiomyomatosis (disorder)
- Small vessel pulmonary hypertension (disorder)
- Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I27.2 - Other secondary pulmonary hypertension'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I27.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I27.2 and a single ICD9 code, 416.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.