ICD-10-CM Code I28.8
Other diseases of pulmonary vessels
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I28.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other diseases of pulmonary vessels. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for I28.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Pulmonary arteritis
- Pulmonary endarteritis
- Rupture of pulmonary vessels
- Stenosis of pulmonary vessels
- Stricture of pulmonary vessels
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Pulmonary endarteritis (disorder)
- Acquired pulmonary trunk stenosis (disorder)
- Subpulmonary stenosis as complication of procedure (disorder)
- Acquired stenosis of left pulmonary artery (disorder)
- Stenosis of right pulmonary artery as complication of procedure (disorder)
- Stenosis of left pulmonary artery as complication of procedure (disorder)
- Obstruction of pulmonary vein as complication of procedure (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I28.8 - Other diseases of pulmonary vessels'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I28.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 417.8 was previously used, I28.8 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.