ICD-10-CM Code I33.0
Acute and subacute infective endocarditis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I33.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acute and subacute infective endocarditis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I330 is used to code Subacute bacterial endocarditis
Subacute bacterial endocarditis (also called endocarditis lenta) is a type of endocarditis (more specifically, infective endocarditis). Subacute bacterial endocarditis can be considered a form of type III hypersensitivity.
|ICD 9 Code:||421.0|
Coding Notes for I33.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Bacterial endocarditis (acute) (subacute)
- Infective endocarditis (acute) (subacute) NOS
- Endocarditis lenta (acute) (subacute)
- Malignant endocarditis (acute) (subacute)
- Purulent endocarditis (acute) (subacute)
- Septic endocarditis (acute) (subacute)
- Ulcerative endocarditis (acute) (subacute)
- Vegetative endocarditis (acute) (subacute)
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code See Section B95-B97 to identify infectious agent
- DRG Group #288-290 - Acute and subacute endocarditis with MCC.
- DRG Group #288-290 - Acute and subacute endocarditis with CC.
- DRG Group #288-290 - Acute and subacute endocarditis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute endocarditis associated with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (disorder)
- Infective endocarditis at site of implanted vascular shunt (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I33.0 - Acute and subacute infective endocarditis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I33.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I33.0 and a single ICD9 code, 421.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.