ICD-10-CM Code I35
Nonrheumatic aortic valve disorders
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code I35 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of I35 that describes the diagnosis 'nonrheumatic aortic valve disorders' in more detail.
- I35 Nonrheumatic aortic valve disorders NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code I35 is used to code Valvular heart disease
Valvular heart disease is any disease process involving one or more of the four valves of the heart (the aortic and mitral valves on the left and the pulmonary and tricuspid valves on the right). These conditions occur largely as a result of aging. Most people are in their late 50s when diagnosed, and more than one in ten people over 75 have it.
|MeSH Codes:||D006349, D006349, D006349, D006349, D006349|
|ICD 9 Codes:||394, 395, 396, 424, 746|
Coding Notes for I35 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Aortic valve disorder of unspecified cause but with diseases of mitral and/or tricuspid valve(s) - instead, use code I08.-
- Aortic valve disorder specified as congenital (Q23.0, Q23.1) - instead, use code Q23.0
- Aortic valve disorder specified as rheumatic - instead, use code I06.-
- Hypertrophic subaortic stenosis - instead, use code I42.1
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I35 - Nonrheumatic aortic valve disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I35. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.