ICD-10-CM Code I42.5
Other restrictive cardiomyopathy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I42.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other restrictive cardiomyopathy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I425 is used to code Restrictive cardiomyopathy
Restrictive cardiomyopathy (RCM) (a.k.a. Obliterative cardiomyopathy, once known as "constrictive cardiomyopathy") is a form of cardiomyopathy in which the walls are rigid, and the heart is restricted from stretching and filling with blood properly.
|ICD 9 Code:||425.4|
Micrograph of cardiac amyloidosis, a cause of restrictive cardiomyopathy. Congo red stain.
Coding Notes for I42.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Constrictive cardiomyopathy NOS
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy secondary to glycogen storage disease (disorder)
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy secondary to amyloidosis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I42.5 - Other restrictive cardiomyopathy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I42.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I42.5 and a single ICD9 code, 425.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: I42 - Cardiomyopathy