ICD-10-CM Code I42.9
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I42.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cardiomyopathy, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I429 is used to code Tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy
Tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy, also known as chronotropic cardiomyopathy and tachycardiomyopathy, is an impairment of the pumping efficiency of the myocardium (the muscle of the heart) due to prolonged periods of a fast heart rate or irregular heart rhythm. It was first described by Phillips and Levine in 1949. and can occur at any age.
Coding Notes for I42.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cardiomyopathy (primary) (secondary) NOS
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Severe scapuloperoneal muscular dystrophy with cardiomyopathy (disorder)
- Benign scapuloperoneal muscular dystrophy with cardiomyopathy (disorder)
- Heart failure with reduced ejection fraction due to cardiomyopathy (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I42.9 - Cardiomyopathy, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I42.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I42.9 and a single ICD9 code, 425.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.