ICD-10-CM Code I49
Other cardiac arrhythmias
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code I49 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of I49 that describes the diagnosis 'other cardiac arrhythmias' in more detail.
- I49 Other cardiac arrhythmias NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code I49 is used to code Tachycardia
Tachycardia, also called tachyarrhythmia, is a heart rate that exceeds the normal resting rate. In general, a resting heart rate over 100 beats per minute is accepted as tachycardia in adults. Heart rates above the resting rate may be normal (such as with exercise) or abnormal (such as with electrical problems within the heart).
|MeSH Codes:||D013610, D013610|
|ICD 9 Codes:||427, 785.0|
ECG showing sinus tachycardia with a rate of about 100 beats per minute
Coding Notes for I49 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Cardiac arrhythmia complicating:
- Abortion or ectopic or molar pregnancy See Section O00-O07, O08.8)
- Obstetric surgery and procedures See code O75.4
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Bradycardia NOS - instead, use code R00.1
- Neonatal dysrhythmia - instead, use code P29.1-
- Sinoatrial bradycardia - instead, use code R00.1
- Sinus bradycardia - instead, use code R00.1
- Vagal bradycardia - instead, use code R00.1
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I49 - Other cardiac arrhythmias'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I49. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.