ICD-10-CM Code I51.0
Cardiac septal defect, acquired
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Adult OnlyCode is only used for patients 15 years old or older.
I51.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cardiac septal defect, acquired. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for I51.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Acquired septal atrial defect (old)
- Acquired septal auricular defect (old)
- Acquired septal ventricular defect (old)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Cardiac septal defect as current complication following acute myocardial infarction (I23.1, I23.2) - instead, use code I23.1
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acquired excessive restriction of interatrial communication (disorder)
- Excessive restriction of interatrial communication as complication of procedure (disorder)
- Excessive restriction of ventricular septal defect as complication of procedure (disorder)
- Surgically constructed interatrial communication (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I51.0 - Cardiac septal defect, acquired'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I51.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I51.0 and a single ICD9 code, 429.71 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.