ICD-10-CM Code I51.81
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I51.81 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of takotsubo syndrome. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for I51.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Reversible left ventricular dysfunction following sudden emotional stress
- Stress induced cardiomyopathy
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy
- Transient left ventricular apical ballooning syndrome
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #314-316 - Other circulatory system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I51.81 - Takotsubo syndrome'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I51.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 429.83 was previously used, I51.81 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.