ICD-10-CM Code I61.3
Nontraumatic intracerebral hemorrhage in brain stem
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I61.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nontraumatic intracerebral hemorrhage in brain stem. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I61 is used to code Silent stroke
A silent stroke is a stroke that does not have any outward symptoms associated with stroke, and the patient is typically unaware they have suffered a stroke. Despite not causing identifiable symptoms a silent stroke still causes damage to the brain, and places the patient at increased risk for both transient ischemic attack and major stroke in the future. In a broad study in 1998, more than 11 million people were estimated to have experienced a stroke in the United States. Approximately 770,000 of these strokes were symptomatic and 11 million were first-ever silent MRI infarcts or hemorrhages. Silent strokes typically cause lesions which are detected via the use of neuroimaging such as MRI. The risk of silent stroke increases with age but may also affect younger adults. Women appear to be at increased risk for silent stroke, with hypertension and current cigarette smoking being amongst the predisposing factors.
|MeSH Codes:||D020521, D020521|
|ICD 9 Codes:||434.01, 434.91|
- DRG Group #020-022 - Intracranial vascular procedures with pdx hemorrhage with MCC.
- DRG Group #020-022 - Intracranial vascular procedures with pdx hemorrhage with CC.
- DRG Group #020-022 - Intracranial vascular procedures with pdx hemorrhage without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #064-066 - Intracranial hemorrhage or cerebral infarction with MCC.
- DRG Group #064-066 - Intracranial hemorrhage or cerebral infarction with CC or tpa in 24 hrs.
- DRG Group #064-066 - Intracranial hemorrhage or cerebral infarction without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I61.3 - Nontraumatic intracerebral hemorrhage in brain stem'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I61.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I61.3 and a single ICD9 code, 431 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.