ICD-10-CM Code I62.03
Nontraumatic chronic subdural hemorrhage
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I62.03 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nontraumatic chronic subdural hemorrhage. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I620 is used to code Subdural hematoma
A subdural hematoma (American spelling) or subdural haematoma (British spelling), also known as a subdural haemorrhage (SDH), is a type of hematoma, usually associated with traumatic brain injury. Blood gathers between the dura mater, and the brain. Usually resulting from tears in bridging veins which cross the subdural space, subdural hemorrhages may cause an increase in intracranial pressure (ICP), which can cause compression of and damage to delicate brain tissue. Subdural hematomas are often life-threatening when acute. Chronic subdural hematomas, however, have a better prognosis if properly managed.
|MeSH Codes:||D006408, D006408|
|ICD 9 Codes:||852.2, 432.1|
Subdural hematoma as marked by the arrow with significant midline shift
- DRG Group #020-022 - Intracranial vascular procedures with pdx hemorrhage with MCC.
- DRG Group #020-022 - Intracranial vascular procedures with pdx hemorrhage with CC.
- DRG Group #020-022 - Intracranial vascular procedures with pdx hemorrhage without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #064-066 - Intracranial hemorrhage or cerebral infarction with MCC.
- DRG Group #064-066 - Intracranial hemorrhage or cerebral infarction with CC or tpa in 24 hrs.
- DRG Group #064-066 - Intracranial hemorrhage or cerebral infarction without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I62.03 - Nontraumatic chronic subdural hemorrhage'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I62.03. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I62.03 and a single ICD9 code, 432.1 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.