ICD-10-CM Code I67
Other cerebrovascular diseases
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code I67 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of I67 that describes the diagnosis 'other cerebrovascular diseases' in more detail.
- I67 Other cerebrovascular diseases NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE I67.0
- BILLABLE I67.1
- BILLABLE I67.2
- BILLABLE I67.3
- BILLABLE I67.4
- BILLABLE I67.5
- BILLABLE I67.6
- BILLABLE I67.7
- I67.8 Other cerebrovascular diseases NON-BILLABLE
- I67.81 Acute cerebrovascular insufficiency BILLABLE
- I67.82 Cerebral ischemia BILLABLE
- I67.83 Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome BILLABLE
- I67.84 Cerebral vasospasm and vasoconstriction NON-BILLABLE
- I67.89 Other cerebrovascular disease BILLABLE
- BILLABLE I67.9
The ICD code I67 is used to code Cerebrovascular disease
Cerebrovascular disease, stroke or cerebrovascular accident, is a vascular disease of the cerebral circulation. Arteries supplying oxygen to the brain are affected resulting in one of a number of cerebrovascular diseases. Most commonly this is a stroke or mini-stroke and sometimes can be a hemorrhagic stroke. Any of these can result in vascular dementia.
Cerebral angiogram of a carotid-cavernous fistula
Coding Notes for I67 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Sequelae of the listed conditions - instead, use code I69.8
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I67 - Other cerebrovascular diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I67. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.