ICD-10-CM Code I67.1
Cerebral aneurysm, nonruptured
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I67.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cerebral aneurysm, nonruptured. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I671 is used to code Intracranial aneurysm
An intracranial aneurysm (also called cerebral or brain aneurysm) is a cerebrovascular disorder in which weakness in the wall of a cerebral artery or vein causes a localized dilation or ballooning of the blood vessel.
|ICD 9 Code:||437.3|
Aneurysm of the basilar artery, and the vertebral arteries.
Coding Notes for I67.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cerebral aneurysm NOS
- Cerebral arteriovenous fistula, acquired
- Internal carotid artery aneurysm, intracranial portion
- Internal carotid artery aneurysm, NOS
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Aneurysm of the vein of Galen (disorder)
- Unruptured internal carotid bifurcation aneurysm (disorder)
- Spontaneous caroticocavernous sinus fistula (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I67.1 - Cerebral aneurysm, nonruptured'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I67.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I67.1 and a single ICD9 code, 437.3 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.