ICD-10-CM Code I75.81
Atheroembolism of kidney
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I75.81 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of atheroembolism of kidney. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for I75.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for any associated acute kidney failure and chronic kidney disease (N17.-, N18.-) See code N17.-
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Atheroembolism of renal arteries (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I75.81 - Atheroembolism of kidney'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I75.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 445.81 was previously used, I75.81 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.