ICD-10-CM Code I77.6
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I77.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of arteritis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I776 is used to code Aortitis
Aortitis is the inflammation of the aortic wall. The disorder is potentially life-threatening and rare. It is reported that there are only 1-3 new cases of aortitis per year per million people in the United States and Europe. Aortitis is most common in people 10 to 40 years of age.
|MeSH Codes:||D001025, D001167|
|ICD 9 Codes:||447.6, 447.6|
Coding Notes for I77.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Aortitis NOS
- Endarteritis NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Arteritis or endarteritis:
- Aortic arch - instead, use code M31.4
- Cerebral NEC - instead, use code I67.7
- Coronary - instead, use code I25.89
- Deformans - instead, use code I70.-
- Giant cell (M31.5., M31.6) - instead, use code M31.5
- Obliterans - instead, use code I70.-
- Senile - instead, use code I70.-
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Post-arteritic pulmonary hypertension (disorder)
- Pulmonary hypertension due to vasculitis (disorder)
- Paraneoplastic vasculitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I77.6 - Arteritis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I77.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 447.6 was previously used, I77.6 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.