ICD-10-CM Code I80.00
Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of superficial vessels of unspecified lower extremity
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I80.00 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of superficial vessels of unspecified lower extremity. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I80 is used to code Thrombosis
Thrombosis (Greek: θρόμβωσις) is the formation of a blood clot (thrombus; Greek: θρόμβος) inside a blood vessel, obstructing the flow of blood through the circulatory system. When a blood vessel is injured, the body uses platelets (thrombocytes) and fibrin to form a blood clot to prevent blood loss. Even when a blood vessel is not injured, blood clots may form in the body under certain conditions. A clot that breaks free and begins to travel around the body is known as an embolus.
|MeSH Codes:||D013927, D013927, D013927, D013927|
|ICD 9 Codes:||437.6, 453, 671.5, 671.9|
Cyanosis of the lower right extremity, resulting from acute arterial thrombosis of the right leg (on the left side of the image)
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Saphenous vein thrombophlebitis (disorder)
- Inflammatory thrombosis of superficial vein of lower leg (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I80.00 and a single ICD9 code, 451.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.