ICD-10-CM Code I80.8
Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of other sites
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I80.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of other sites. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I808 is used to code Mondor's disease
Mondor's disease (also known as "Mondor's syndrome of superficial thrombophlebitis") is a rare condition which involves thrombophlebitis of the superficial veins of the breast and anterior chest wall. It sometimes occurs in the arm or penis. In axilla, this condition is known as axillary web syndrome.
|ICD 9 Code:||451.89|
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Thrombophlebitis of superficial veins of upper extremities (disorder)
- Retinal phlebitis (disorder)
- Thrombophlebitis of subclavian vein (disorder)
- Thrombophlebitis of internal jugular vein (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I80.8 - Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis of other sites'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I80.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I80.8 and a single ICD9 code, 451.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.