ICD-10-CM Code I82.8
Embolism and thrombosis of other specified veins
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code I82.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of I82.8 that describes the diagnosis 'embolism and thrombosis of other specified veins' in more detail.
- I82.8 Embolism and thrombosis of other specified veins NON-BILLABLE
- I82.81 Embolism and thrombosis of veins NON-BILLABLE
- I82.811 Embolism and thrombosis of superficial veins of right lower extremities BILLABLE
- I82.812 Embolism and thrombosis of superficial veins of left lower extremities BILLABLE
- I82.813 Embolism and thrombosis of superficial veins of lower extremities, bilateral BILLABLE
- I82.819 Embolism and thrombosis of superficial veins of unspecified lower extremities BILLABLE
- I82.89 Embolism and thrombosis of other specified veins NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code I828 is used to code Paget-Schroetter disease
Paget–Schroetter disease, also known as Paget–von Schrötter disease, is a form of upper extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a medical condition in which blood clots form in the deep veins of the arms. These DVTs typically occur in the axillary or subclavian veins.
|ICD 9 Code:||453.8|
Anterior view of right upper limb and thorax
Coding Notes for I82.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code, if applicable, for associated long-term (current) use of anticoagulants See code Z79.01