ICD-10-CM Code I83.10
Varicose veins of unspecified lower extremity with inflammation
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Adult OnlyCode is only used for patients 15 years old or older.
I83.10 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of varicose veins of unspecified lower extremity with inflammation. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code I831 is used to code Stasis dermatitis
|ICD 9 Code:||454.1|
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #299-301 - Peripheral vascular disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Varicose veins of leg in long saphenous vein distribution with eczema (disorder)
- Varicose veins of leg in short saphenous vein distribution with eczema (disorder)
- Localized lipodermatosclerosis (disorder)
- Extensive lipodermatosclerosis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I83.10 - Varicose veins of unspecified lower extremity with inflammation'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I83.10. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I83.10 and a single ICD9 code, 454.1 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.