ICD-10-CM Code J03.00
Acute streptococcal tonsillitis, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J03.00 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acute streptococcal tonsillitis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J03 is used to code Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infections (URI or URTI) are illnesses caused by an acute infection which involves the upper respiratory tract including the nose, sinuses, pharynx or larynx. This commonly includes tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, otitis media, and the common cold.
|ICD 9 Codes:||465.9, 465.9|
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri with MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Streptococcal tonsillitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J03.00 - Acute streptococcal tonsillitis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J03.00. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J03.00 and a single ICD9 code, 034.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.