ICD-10-CM Code J06.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J06.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acute laryngopharyngitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J06 is used to code Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infections (URI or URTI) are illnesses caused by an acute infection which involves the upper respiratory tract including the nose, sinuses, pharynx or larynx. This commonly includes tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, otitis media, and the common cold.
|ICD 9 Codes:||465.9, 465.9|
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri with MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J06.0 - Acute laryngopharyngitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J06.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 465.0 was previously used, J06.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.
Parent Code: J06 - Acute upper respiratory infections of multiple and unspecified sites