ICD-10-CM Code J09.X2
Influenza due to identified novel influenza A virus with other respiratory manifestations
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J09.X2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of influenza due to identified novel influenza A virus with other respiratory manifestations. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J09 is used to code Swine influenza
Swine influenza, also called pig influenza, swine flu, hog flu and pig flu, is an infection caused by any one of several types of swine influenza viruses. Swine influenza virus (SIV) or swine-origin influenza virus (S-OIV) is any strain of the influenza family of viruses that is endemic in pigs. As of 2009, the known SIV strains include influenza C and the subtypes of influenza A known as H1N1, H1N2, H2N1, H3N1, H3N2, and H2N3.
Electron microscope image of the reassorted H1N1 influenza virus photographed at the CDC Influenza Laboratory. The viruses are 80–120 nanometres in diameter.
Coding Notes for J09.X2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Influenza due to identified novel influenza A virus NOS
- Influenza due to identified novel influenza A virus with laryngitis
- Influenza due to identified novel influenza A virus with pharyngitis
- Influenza due to identified novel influenza A virus with upper respiratory symptoms
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code, if applicable, for associated:
- Pleural effusion See code J91.8
- Sinusitis See code J01.-
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy with MCC.
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy with CC.
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J09.X2 - Influenza due to identified novel influenza A virus with other respiratory manifestations'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J09.X2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J09.X2 and a single ICD9 code, 488.82 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.