ICD-10-CM Code J15.1
Pneumonia due to Pseudomonas
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J15.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of pneumonia due to Pseudomonas. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J15 is used to code Bronchopneumonia
Bronchopneumonia, bronchial pneumonia or bronchogenic pneumonia (not to be confused with lobar pneumonia) is the acute inflammation of the walls of the bronchioles. It is a type of pneumonia characterized by multiple foci of isolated, acute consolidation, affecting one or more pulmonary lobules.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Pulmonology|
|MeSH Codes:||D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D018410, D018410, D018410|
|ICD 9 Codes:||480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 770.0, 481, 482, 483|
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with MCC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with CC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J15.1 - Pneumonia due to Pseudomonas'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J15.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 482.1 was previously used, J15.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.