ICD-10-CM Code J15.4
Pneumonia due to other streptococci
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J15.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of pneumonia due to other streptococci. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J15 is used to code Bronchopneumonia
Bronchopneumonia, bronchial pneumonia or bronchogenic pneumonia (not to be confused with lobar pneumonia) is the acute inflammation of the walls of the bronchioles. It is a type of pneumonia characterized by multiple foci of isolated, acute consolidation, affecting one or more pulmonary lobules.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Pulmonology|
|MeSH Codes:||D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D018410, D018410, D018410|
|ICD 9 Codes:||480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 770.0, 481, 482, 483|
Coding Notes for J15.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Pneumonia due to streptococcus, group B - instead, use code J15.3
- Pneumonia due to Streptococcus pneumoniae - instead, use Code J13
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy with MCC.
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy with CC.
- DRG Group #193-195 - Simple pneumonia and pleurisy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J15.4 - Pneumonia due to other streptococci'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J15.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J15.4 and a single ICD9 code, 482.39 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.