ICD-10-CM Code J34.81
Nasal mucositis (ulcerative)
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J34.81 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nasal mucositis (ulcerative). A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J348 is used to code Nasal septum perforation
A nasal septum perforation is a medical condition in which the nasal septum, the cartilaginous membrane dividing the nostrils, develops a hole or fissure.
|ICD 9 Code:||478.1|
Coding Notes for J34.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Type of associated therapy, such as:
- Antineoplastic and immunosuppressive drugs See code T45.1X-
- Radiological procedure and radiotherapy See code Y84.2
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Gastrointestinal mucositis (ulcerative) - instead, use code K92.81
- Mucositis (ulcerative) of vagina and vulva - instead, use code N76.81
- Oral mucositis (ulcerative) - instead, use code K12.3-
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #795 - Normal newborn.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J34.81 - Nasal mucositis (ulcerative)'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J34.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 478.11 was previously used, J34.81 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.