ICD-10-CM Code J34.89
Other specified disorders of nose and nasal sinuses
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J34.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified disorders of nose and nasal sinuses. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J348 is used to code Nasal septum perforation
A nasal septum perforation is a medical condition in which the nasal septum, the cartilaginous membrane dividing the nostrils, develops a hole or fissure.
|ICD 9 Code:||478.1|
Coding Notes for J34.89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Perforation of nasal septum NOS
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #795 - Normal newborn.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Mouth breathing with nasal obstruction (finding)
- Nasal septal spur (disorder)
- Choanal stenosis (disorder)
- On examination - frontal sinus tenderness (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J34.89 - Other specified disorders of nose and nasal sinuses'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J34.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J34.89 and a single ICD9 code, 478.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.