ICD-10-CM Code J35
Chronic diseases of tonsils and adenoids
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code J35 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of J35 that describes the diagnosis 'chronic diseases of tonsils and adenoids' in more detail.
- J35 Chronic diseases of tonsils and adenoids NON-BILLABLE
- J35.0 Chronic and NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE J35.1 of tonsils
- BILLABLE J35.2 of adenoids
- BILLABLE J35.3 of tonsils adenoids
- BILLABLE J35.8 diseases of tonsils and adenoids
- BILLABLE J35.9 Chronic of tonsils and
Coding Notes for J35 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J35 - Chronic diseases of tonsils and adenoids'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J35. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.