ICD-10-CM Code J35.2
Hypertrophy of adenoids
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J35.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hypertrophy of adenoids. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J352 is used to code Adenoid hypertrophy
Adenoid hypertrophy (or enlarged adenoids) is the unusual growth ("hypertrophy") of the adenoid tonsil first described by the Danish physician Wilhelm Meyer (1824-1895) in Copenhagen in 1868. He described that a long term adenoid hypertrophy will cause an obstruction of the nasal airways. These will lead to a dentofacial growth anomaly that was defined as "adenoid facies" (see long face syndrome).
|ICD 9 Code:||474.12|
Adenoid hilighted in green.
Coding Notes for J35.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Enlargement of adenoids
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Hypertrophy of adenoids with adenoiditis - instead, use code J35.0-
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J35.2 - Hypertrophy of adenoids'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J35.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 474.12 was previously used, J35.2 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.